[Admin-discuss] Web server move

Andrew Martin werdz at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Dec 9 04:10:20 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm just about to send an announce-redbrick on this but figured I should
send another mail to ye to make sure it was seen.

We're planning to move murphy back into production tomorrow (Tuesday the
9th) at 9PM. Work is expected to take a few hours, although the longest
wait will be for ARP to time out - approximately 4 hours.

Everything at the moment seems ready to go, performance is a bit on the
low side but it certainly seems enough to handle the current load. This
can be tuned later on anyway. The system is up to date (or it was last I
looked) and everything that I can think of is working.

We're using the prefork MPM. I gave the worker MPM a try but it did not
seem to get on well with OpenBSD and 32 visible cores. suPHP also threw
a hissy fit, as it did with solaris+mpm_worker.

-Andrew