[Admin-discuss] Hey Changes

Colm MacCarthaigh colmmacc at redbrick.dcu.ie
Fri Dec 26 01:15:26 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:08:27AM +0000, Andrew Harford wrote:
> Hey,

Hey, sorry this took so long, I don't really read rb mail :-)

> http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~receive/hey_main.html
> (changes are marked in red)

The log message should probably say "sent" instead of "send" , and I
think the u->name and passwd->pw_name are the wrong way around.

Using syslog also means that the messages can be trivially spoofed, so
I'm not sure it's a good idea. We basically patched write to do the same
thing before, and since it's an sgid app, it's less prone to spoofing
(just write to a logfile as that group).

The linecount won't be very accurate either, hey's concept of
pages arent the same as unix lines. There's no easy way to fix that
within hey.

Prob fine to run it all the same, cool :-)

colmmacc at redbrick.dcu.ie        PubKey: colmmacc+pgp at redbrick.dcu.ie
Web:                                 http://devnull.redbrick.dcu.ie/