[Admin-discuss] Minerva's Raid Arrays

Andrew Harford andrew.harford at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Apr 27 00:52:13 IST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:38:27AM +0100, Eoghan Cotter wrote:
> The second suggestion is the run a VM on Minerva, give it access to the disks
> and just run it like the other backup servers.

This is my preferred of the two options, and the only one that would allow
the current complete backup system to run unmodified.

Ideally, I'd like to get 1/2tb disks for Thunder and get it going, but
we'd at least know what the problem is with that before that could go ahead.
Is it just crashing because it's out of space or is there a more serious
issue?

The controller in minerva is shite, and the disks aren't anything special.
I wouldn't be rushing to use it unless we needed more space but had no
money.

a.

--
Andrew Harford

A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given
power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough
people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world.   --V