[Admin-discuss] Minerva's Raid Arrays

Andrew Harford andrew.harford at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Apr 27 01:28:49 IST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 01:01:27AM +0100, kat farrell wrote:
> I would rather we found out what is wrong with thunder, and fix if it its
> easy..

Yep. It'd still need new disks though, cause it's running out of space.

Thunder has 4 500G disks, mostly in hardware raid 5 (the OS is in hardware
10). Although the machine was second hand all the disks are fairly new and
bought from komplett (the ones it came with died).

Minerva has two 80gb disks in software raid 1 for the OS. It also has 8
500gb disks connected to the seperate hardware raid controller. On this
there's two hardware raid 5 arrays of 4 disks each. This performance of
this controller is "pretty damn awful".

a.

--
Andrew Harford

Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his
dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog"
with "son."			-- Lionel Hutz