[Admin-discuss] Minerva's Raid Arrays

James "Reggie" Reilly fun at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Apr 27 11:25:17 IST 2010

Ideally, I'd want to get thunder up and running. It's something I've been thinking about since I found it was down. We know it's getting R/W errors, and that it's probably
a hardware issue. A new RAID card is pennies to be honest, and if it's the most likely suspect, why not replace it? It wouldn't be too hard to test. If the
machine turns out to be beyond repair, then I
would suggest grant apping for a new machine.

The VM idea could be used as a last resort or as a stopgap before we get thunder back up and running/get a new machine.

Anyway, just my $.02